Respirable Dust-FREE FRESH MOUNTAIN AIR –
BREATHE DEEPLY AT SEMMERING
Semmering is not a closed mountain valley, but instead a wide open space – which contributes to the clear mountain air. The numerous ravines and rock formations also significantly add to the scenic attraction of the area. The incredible panoramic view at such a high altitude promises a liberating feeling.
Few seem to recognize the health benefits of fresh air. Clean air enters airways in the body, relieving the entire body through an increased supply of oxygen. The mild climate of Semmering (not incomparable to Davos, Switzerland) is particularly favourable and stimulating for those with respiratory diseases (bronchitis, allergies, asthma, etc.).
In 1921, the Municipality of Semmering was officially confirmed as a remedial-climatic health resort with all rights and duties. In recent years, the latest medical consensus is that exposure to high altitudes contributes to improved lung circulation and increased clarity of the mind and nervous system, and that exercise performed at this altitude has an invigorating effect on the mind and body. Clearly however, even decades ago the benefits of being in the and even exercising in higher altitudes were well known.
As fine particulate dust has become more ubiquitous, the distinction of this fresh mountain air is more relevant than ever before. In fact, a long-term air quality study has revealed that the mountain resort of Semmering is absolutely pollution-free! Individual pollutants – especially the fine particulate matter – are well below the detection threshold.
Source: Semmering Tourism
- Wien und Graz (approx. 100 km)
- Wiener Neustadt (former imperial residence city)
- Eisenstadt with Esterhazy Castle
- Baden close to Vienna
- Peter Roseggers forest home
- Köhlerstraße (Lower Austria)
- Hermannshöhle (largest limestone cave in Lower Austria)
- Bergbaumuseum Enzenreith
- Semmering: villa colony
- Hochstraßen (High Road) Museum
- Neuberg: gothic hall church
- Maria Schutz: pilgrimmage church with Marienbründl
- Mariazell: Basilica with treasury
- Mürzzuschlag: Winter sports, Brahms Museum, and Southern Railway Museum
- Südbahnhotel and Reichenau Festival
- Brahms Festival in Mürzzuschlag
- Kräfte-Reich: forces, myths, realities
We are happy to keep you informed about upcoming events, sports and excursions. For even more information about other sports & recreational options, you can also check out www.semmering.at.
- Skiing (Zau[:ber:]g Hirschenkogel, Happy-Lifte Passhöhe, Stuhleck, Schmoll-Lifte Steinhaus)
- Snowboarding (Zau[:ber:]g Hirschenkogel)
- Shuttle service to the slopes at special rates
- Cross-country skiing (Johannesloipe, Liechtenstein-Panoramaloipe, Wechsel-Semmering-Panoramaloipe)
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides
- Traditions Golf Course Semmering
- Falkenstein Wall climb
- Indoor Tennis, Squash and Health Club in the city
- VIVAX Water Park Mürzzuschlag
- Linsberg Asia Spa – thermal bath
- Natural ponds and water parks
- Nordic walking and mountain bike trails
- Bikepark Zau[:ber:]g (Downhill- and Freeride)
- Pit-Pat, mini-golf
We are happy to keep you informed about the upcoming sports and leisure activities. For more information, you can check out www.semmering.at.